Monday, September 22, 2008

Akela Council 24



I not very good as this blogging thing but I am learning.



In August I went to Akala Council 24 and had a wonderful time.(This is a Scouting thing for the people that don't know)

On the first day we went all day long we didn't have very long to set anything up. We went to some training then their where things that we had to make as a den. I shared a tent with one of my den members. She was really awesome. We went long hours and always in a hurry all 4 day that we were their I don't think that we got in bed before midnight any of the nights. then we where going again my 6:30 in the morning. The trading post opened at 7:00 in the morning trying to get things done before we had to be in line for opening ceremonies about 7:45 in the morning. We did a lot of training in the lodge but we also did a lot of fun things outside that brought it more hands on. I am so glad that I went as a New Den Leader know instead of later because they helped us understand the leader book and also things that we should be doing at our own den and pack meetings. Our Den was called "Apache". we did a lot of things every day so I was full of energy when I got back and the kids thought that their mommy was crazy because when I was talking to Bryan I just keep on talking telling him about my entire week in about 10 minutes. The kids thought my finger nails were crazy because we paint them different colors for all the different tribes. Gloria thought it was funny I also painted her I cant even tell you the last time I painted her nails, so she was very excited.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like you had fun. I am glad that you posted that. Keep it up and you might just be a great blogger some day!!!! Talk to you later...Carolyn

Melanie said...

I'm glad it was you instead of me. I get cranky without the right amount of sleep.

Melanie said...

I found the VT blog for you. Here is the address: http://thevtgypsies.blogspot.com