Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ben's Bad day

Our Son Benjamin is in afternoon Kindergarten, today however his class was going to a musical put on by Altamont High School. we had told him he was going in early so he could go to a play. at noon as I was waiting for him to get off the bus my two older children pass by telling me how great a time they had. expecting Ben to feel the same I was somewhat surprised to see that he wasn't the exuberant child that his siblings had been. "how was the Play?" I asked.
"Terrible!" he replied pausing for a moment,"I had to sit still and listen the whole time, and not once did they let me play!"
In retrospect, I guess we should have defined "play" a little better.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Poor kid! It is so hard to sit still and listen. What a cutie!

Carolyn said...

So Funny! Poor Ben. Nick would feel the same way...

Papa and Mama said...

Oh how funny. It reminds me of the time I told his dad (at the same age) that someone was coming to school to take his picture. With tears in his eyes, Bryan asked, which picture will he take and will he bring it back?

Jen said...

Kids say the darndest things.